New Service Times During the Covid-19 Pandemic & Lockdown
While gathering restrictions and social distancing measures are in place in Victoria, Yarra Valley Anglican Church is running weekly Sunday services at the following times and locations:
- 8:30am at St John’s in the hall (children, youth and family service)
- 9:45am at St Paul’s
- 11am at St John’s in the church
These 45 minute Sunday gatherings are open to everyone, however they are restricted to 20 worshippers at a time. In order to attend a service it is a requirement that you register your attendance (provide your name and phone number) so that numbers are recorded and tracing may be possible in the event of a Covid incident. It is strongly encouraged that you register in advance your intention to attend a service as we are required to turn people away once capacity is reached. You may register using the form below.
Register For Sunday Service
Social Distancing Measures
In order to maintain social distancing and high standards of hygiene, the following measures are in place:
- If anyone is unwell or symptomatic they are required to self-exclude from our services.
- Members must practise social distancing at a minimum of 1.5 metres at all times and maintain good hygiene practice.
- Regular cleaning of our sites conducted and hand sanitizer will be made available.
- The services will be 45 minutes in length with a maximum of 20 people at each. Once capacity is reached, people will be turned away at the door. Priority will be given to those who register in advance.
- There will be 10 pews at St John’s and St Paul’s with 2 people per pew (families can sit together in a single pew). Appropriate seating arrangements will be set up for the 8:30am St John’s service in the hall.
- Based on advice, there will be no Lord’s Supper, children’s program, morning tea, passing of peace, passing the offering plate and reduced singing of hymns.
- There will be no pew Bibles, prayer or hymn books. Please bring your own Bibles. As usual, the liturgy and lyrics will be made available on the projector screen.
- Robert Colombo (St John’s) and Peggy Marriner (St Paul’s) have been appointed our Covid-Safe officers and are responsible for overseeing and enforcing these measures, including the attendance register, social distancing and cleaning.
- If you are unfortunate enough to get the corona-virus, or have come in contact with someone who does, you must let me (the pastor) and/or the Covid-Safe officer know as soon as reasonably possible.
- If a Covid incident occurs on our premises, we have a plan is in place to respond in an appropriate and timely manner.