In 2016, after a process of consultation in the church, St John’s adopted the Jerusalem Declaration as our statement of faith, as a way of recognising our unity with faithful brothers and sisters around the world.
The story of Jesus – in 90 seconds, care of SpeakLife
Our Core Values
We value and are committed to…
- Believing, teaching, learning from and living by the Word of God (Bible)
- Proclaiming the Gospel, making and maturing disciples of Christ (Evangelism and Discipleship)
- Loving, supporting, challenging, caring for and learning from each other regardless of our age (Fellowship and Pastoral Care)
- Accountability in relationships (Integrity)
- Developing a clear direction for our future and being willing to change and grow (Leadership)
- Loving God, our neighbours and our fellow Christians especially through generosity, sacrifice, forgiveness and reconciliation (Love and Generosity)
- Depending on God in everything we do, and so growing a culture of prayer, both individually and corporately as the foundation of our ministry (Prayer)
- Serving our local community with Christ’s love and compassion, being creative in our outreach (Service)
- Growing together in our unity as a church in Christ and his truth, and helping every church member take their part in our ministry and mission (Unity)
- Warmly and genuinely welcoming everyone: regular members and newcomers, and working to enable each person to play their part in our church (Welcoming)
- Joyfully praising, obeying, listening to, depending on, and offering ourselves to God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit – in both our church community and individual living (Worship)
We partner with organisations across the world who share our vision and values:
- Healesville InterChurch Community Care Inc.
‘HICCI’ provides practical care and empowering support to the communities of Healesville and Yarra Glen in times of crisis, emergency or personal need.
- Bush Church Aid (BCA)
Bush Church Aid has a heart for people living in remote and regional Australia. Since 1919, its staff and supporters around the country have been committed to going the distance to reach Australia for Christ.
- Ridley College
Ridley is committed to theological training that engages seriously with contemporary culture. Its mission is to equip men and women for God’s mission in a rapidly changing and increasingly complex world.
- Church Mission Society (CMS)
CMS is a fellowship of Christian people and churches committed to global mission. We work with churches to set apart long-term workers who cross cultures to share the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Anglican Relief & Development Fund (ARDF)
The ARDF is an independent overseas aid organisation that works with dioceses, churches and agencies to demonstrate the love of Christ and spread the Gospel by helping the poor and needy through carefully selected and monitored relief and development projects.